Should you ever encounter a hazardous curb, sidewalk or street intersection that is not level, has loose gravel or protruding potholes, be aware of your daily surroundings. Repair time can vary based on your municipality. In the meantime:
- Review safety and traffic rules in your community.
- Make sure you and your children have a clear understanding of the direction of roads, lanes and an understanding of traffic signs.
- Make sure that you are aware that roads and lanes can be under construction or closed. Prepare yourself and children for alternate routes.
- Make sure that a bicycle or skateboard being used is in excellent working condition. And wear appropriate protective gear as it is the law in most states.
- Speak about these issues and make sure your children look, observe and focus on their surroundings. This will hopefully be the key to a positive, unscathed experience.
Awareness and education coupled with the right equipment and right decision making will ensure safety for you and your family.